Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Tire Woes

My precious 2002 Mazda Protege 5 is in need of repairs. While driving around last Friday, I noticed that my car was shaking more than usual. After a few more minutes, it started drifting to the right. It turns out something punctured my front right tire and air was leaking out. After a while, the air was completely gone. Point being, I needed to replace the tire. After looking at some records and checking out the tire wear on the other tires, I realized I needed 4 new tires, since they're all pretty much bald. I took my baby to a Atlantic Tire & Auto Service in West Hollywood the next morning (on the spare, of course) and got 4 Kumho Escta ASX tires (195/50/16 for you car nerds). While getting them replaced, the shop owner informed me that my brake pads and rotors needed to be replaced ASAP because they were worn down all the way. After inspecting it, I saw that indeed the brakes need to be replaced.

As one who loves to work on cars and loves saving money by doing DIY Projects, I decided to install the brakes myself. I'll post pictures of the install when I get them on.

Finally, I'm posting this because it reminded me that God is sovereign over all things, even the tire situation.

1. The tires didn't blow out last week when we went up to Terestita Pines for Spring Retreat.
2. Only one tire blew out. I wouldn't be able to use the spare to take my car to the shop otherwise.
3. The air leaked out slowly, allow me to drive home before I discovered the problem. Changing the tire with the car's scissors tool would be a pain the rear. I was able to make it home and use a hydrolic jack.
4. If this didn't happen, I wouldn't have thought about the tires (which were bald). That could've been really bad

Finally, I'm reviving this blog with a new name: Deo Volente, latin for God willing.

No comments: